Today I knocked off early and went for a walk. I have a gym membership but unless the weather is ferocious or I have to exercise late in the evening, I'm proud to say I don't get my money's worth from it.
There is nothing like a walk in the woods in autumn. Especially on a day like today when a storm is coming in. It was overcast and only a slight breeze was blowing. The leaves are at the height of brilliance and just beginning to fall so there's color on the trees and mosaics of colors on the ground, particularly on the trail which sets the shapes and colors off beautifully because of the black soil they lay on.
The earth is fulfilled this time of year--fat and satisfied. Even the smell speaks of contentment. Everything today spoke of a nature that has bloomed, flourished, come to fruition and now settles in to rest before starting all over again.
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment