Cast Away Dreams

"...There's been a change in plans."

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A'right already!





Jodi has installed some sort of busybody gadget that tells her at a glance who has been naughty and who has been nice when it comes to frequency of blogging. She informed me that I was running second to last in that category and that the guy behind me was dead or out of the country or something.

Here goes.

I had a really busy summer. I got lots done. I didn't get lots more done but I think that I learned enough to largely correct that next year. Since I spent last summer lying on a bed of affliction I think I did pretty well.

I had high adventure programs in five camps. Got to all of them several times except for one. Camp Loll reported no problems and wouldn't have spent 20 seconds listening to me had they had one. So I missed that one.

I also managed to take a few days to vacation in Tennessee and Kentucky with LeeAnn. It was hot but fun. We saw some neat things and we agree that we don't ever have to go back again on purpose. We actually only went because I had a big BSA convention in Nashville.

A few days after we got back from down south, I went backpacking with my sons and brothers and a nephew. We did a roughly 50-mile turn through the southern Wind River Mountains. The trip was incredible. I've never seen so much stunning scenery in such a concentrated area. I don't believe I've ever attempted a trip quite so physically arduous either. We went over three major passes and through some really broken-up country. I was not at all sure I was going to make it but all in all, for an old fat guy, I kicked butt and took down names so to speak. I didn't do it on my own though. That's a posting for another time though.

Here's a couple of pics to share the gist of my summer.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Thanks Dad it is good to hear from you!